It’s time for another fun coloring craft. If you’re looking for more coloring fun, be sure to check out our Color Happy coloring packages that are fun for all ages and will provide you with hours of fun. Each month you’ll get 30+ coloring pages for adults for just $10 a month!
This week’s coloring craft isn’t just fun and cute, there’s a ‘message’ with it too. This Kokopelli fairy is a symbol of fertility (we have a whole fertility symbols package here!). As a side note, she’s a fairy, not the original Kokopelli and we gave ours grey hair because she is a grandmotherly fairy to us.
Alright, let’s get started! First, you’ll need some supplies:
- Printer Paper (110 lb.)
- Permanent Markers
- Mini Metal Paper Fasteners (mini fasteners work best!)
- Hole Punch (regular sized too big, need 1/8th inch or smaller!)
- Template (download below)
First, print your Kokopelli Puppet Template below. It’s important for this craft you use card stock paper.
How to Make a Pinwheel Spinners
1. Once you have it printed, color the page. NOTE: color outside the lines for the legs/clothes so that when you cut it out, it’s not too tight (you don’t cut off some of the color).
2. Now that you’ve colored the fairy template, it’s time to cut the individual pieces out:
3. Once each piece has been cut out, use your hole punch and punch each of the indicated spots (black dots) on your pieces:
4. Once you’ve completed hole punching each spot, it should look like this:
5. Now it’s time to assemble your puppet. Do this by connecting the pieces with the metal fasteners. We started with the arms first. Flip the colored pieces over and fasten on non colored side like this:
6. Once you’ve connected the arm pieces together, continue connecting the remaining pieces together and then assemble to the fairy so your finished product looks like this:
Voila, there you have it – your very own Kokopelli Fairy Puppet to symbolize fertility. You can sit her on your dresser and have her watch over you and wish you fertile thoughts.
I hope you enjoyed this coloring craft project by Color Happy. We’d love for you to join our club! Color Happy, that is. For just $10 a month, you’ll receive 30+ coloring pages delivered to your email inbox. Print off as many copies as you’d like, and enjoy! Cancel anytime. PLUS, you’ll have the opportunity to earn commissions when you tell your friends about the club and they join, too.