It’ time for another fun Color Happy paper craft. You’ll need the following supplies:
• Lavender Flower Pencils Template
• Previously Colored Coloring Pages
• Wooden Skewers
• Green Floral Tape
• Glue Gun
First, print your Lavender Flower Pencils Template below. It’s super important that for this craft, you DO NOT print on cardstock.
How to Lavender Flower Pencils
This coloring pages craft is fun and will make you smile. You can even add a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil to your finished product to make it smell wonderful!
1. First, print your template on regular paper. Cardstock is too thick for this craft.
2. Next, cut it out! Use your template against one of your previously colored pages. The ones shown are from Color Happy’s Sunshine package, but you can use any coloring page you’ve done in the past that match the colors you’re looking for. We suggest keeping left-over pages on hand for future projects.
3. You’ll want to cut an entire “purple” page into strips for the lavender flowers, and have 2-3 strips of green. Once they’re cut into strips, cut fringe into the strips. Basically, you want to make cuts around 1/4″ thick, almost all the way to the paper’s edge (but leave them connected).
4. Use a wooden skewer to roll the fringed strips up to curl them.
5. Now you’ll want to cut your skewer 6 inches and stab it – really hard – into your pencil eraser.
6. Use your green floral tape to wrap around your skewer/pencil all the way to the pencil’s tip.
7. Wrap your fringe around your pencil/skewer, hot gluing as you go along until you reach the bottom. Top it off with green fringe.
They turn out so cute! Each previously colored page will get you about 1 pencil but you can make as many as you want and even put them in a flower pot for use! Have fun with this!